Saturday, March 21, 2009

March Madness - Round 1

After the first round of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, I have successfully predicted 24 of the 32 winners. Five of the games I missed were settled by a combined total of 12 points including a 2OT game and a 1OT game. A sixth miss was settled by 8 points, but it went right down to the wire. Unfortunately, I have lost 5 of my Sweet 16 teams already including West Virginia who I had going to the Elite 8. However, my power teams are all still largely intact even if it meant they had to scrape by to get there (*cough*Pitt*cough*).

Despite having a rough day on Friday with Boston College, West Virginia, and Wake Forest getting upset, I went to bed with a smile on my face. Watching Siena drain shots with a few seconds left in regulation and overtime to force further play along with the game-winning three at the end of the second overtime was awesome! I had Ohio State University winning, but I do not care. That was exciting! To make matters even more exciting, Bohanon was raining three's when it mattered most for Wisconsin to upset Florida State in another overtime game happening at the exact same time. Again, I had Florida State winning, but that game was worth the loss. A great way to end the first round!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home