Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy Bee

Sorry about the recent lack of blogs. Things have been extremely busy and I have not had the time to put anything together. I still have some ideas I would like to work on from the Cyber-Defense Competition I competed in back in February. Otherwise, I was busy with a Resistance 2 tournament hosted by Gamebattles, Insomniac Games, and SCEA. My team managed to break into the top 64, but was knocked out in the first round by the #3 seed. We collected $450 total ($112.50 per individual) in prize money. The tail end of the tournament found me lying on a couch most of my days due to coming down with mono. I only started to recover from that in the last two weeks, almost all of which has been spent catching up with school work and studying for tests. I am on spring break currently, but I have been kept busy celebrating family birthdays, spending time with Jess, doing homework, and looking for an apartment in Des Moines for the summer. I will probably spend the rest of it doing homework and watching the NCAA tournament on tv. One bit of good news is I acquired another computer to play with. It is an ancient machine from home that is no longer being used. It has been nicknamed "The Beast" despite its meager 233MHz processor. I bought a few pieces of networking hardware off of Newegg which will allow me to really start tinkering with The Beast. Now I am off to eat some Wheat Thins, watch some UFC fights, and relax a little bit before heading to bed early for a good night's sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home