Thursday, June 4, 2009

FOSS

I was talking to my brother-in-law, Jamie, the other day about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). It got me to thinking about how much FOSS I use on a regular basis. Here is a list of all the software I have come into contact with recently. If you realize I am forgetting something, please leave a comment.

Software Used on a Daily Basis:
Software Being Investigated:
  • Trac (Project Management Tool)
  • Zabbix (Network Monitoring Tool)
  • Wordpress (Content Management System)
  • SVN (Version Control System)
  • Elgg (Social Networking Software)
Software Used in the Past:

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous CharlesC said...

Don't you run open source firmware on your Linksys router?

June 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Shawn Sparks said...

Yes! I was not even thinking about my router at the time I wrote this up. It is added to the list now.

June 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM  
Anonymous CharlesC said...

What's different in the Tomato firmware from the DD-WRT open source project? I switched to DD-WRT a couple of months back and love it. I couldn't stand the lack of features in the Linksys version.

June 5, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home